Producer Eugene Sun Park and filmmakers will be present to discuss the films after the screenings.
Full Spectrum Features and Facets Cinémathèque are presenting the Chicago premiere of Chicagoland Shorts: Volume 1. This short film series celebrates the incredible diversity and vastness of the Chicagoland experience, providing an outlet for cinematic voices that sometimes go unheard.
Chicagoland Shorts was produced by Full Spectrum Features and co-curated by Beckie Stocchetti of Kartemquin Films. Full Spectrum Features is a Chicago-based production company devoted to supporting alternative media, broadly defined as films and videos that engage unconventional topics, forms, subjects, and points-of-view.
- Queen of My Dreams by Fawzia Mirza & Ryan Logan, 2012, 3 min.
- Jaspa' Jenkins by Robert Carnilius, 2014, 4 min.
- Western Candyland by Robert-Carnilius, 2012, 4 min.
- Permute by Lydia Fu, 2008, 4 min.
- Moms and Dads by Fred Frederiksen & Dylan Jones, 2012, 5 min.
- The Carousel, 19521987 by Amanda Taves, 2014, 4 min.
- Mae's Journal by Amir George, 2013, 10 min.
- Shirley's Kids by Michael Paulucci, 2014, 10 min.
- Train by Valia O'Donnell, 2014, 2 min.
- Self-Deportation: The Untold Tale of a Marginal Woman by Eugene Sun Park, 2015, 20 min.
Curated by Eugene Sun Park, Kayla Ginsburg, and Beckie Stocchetti, USA, 2014, 67 mins.
- Sat, Apr. 25 at 4:30 pm*
- Sun, Apr. 26 at 7:00 pm
- Mon, Apr. 27 at 7:00 pm
*Opening reception at 3:00 pm
$10 general admission
Facets membership discounts are not applicable to these screenings.Advanced tickets can be purchased at Full Spectrum Features
The Facets Cinémathèque is located at 1517 W. Fullerton Ave. in Chicago. Call the Cinémathèque Hotline at 773.281.4114 for the latest schedule, showtimes and updates.
For all Cinémathèque inquiries, contact Charles Coleman at 773.281.9075 or email@example.com.